Smash them all.
When playing Resident Evil 6 you’ll come across a number of Serpent Emblems that you must shoot to collect. These are used to unlock additional info and gallery items from the main menu as well as the Heirlooms achievement. This guide will show you all of the Serpent Emblem locations, and is currently a work in progress so please let us know of any we’ve missed. Since the chapters can be quite long we may have to use mild SPOILERS when describing them, so be warned.
1. Shortly after leaving the banquet hall you’ll open a door to a dark room with a running computer in the middle of it. Look for a closet behind the computer that is stuffed with furniture and the Serpent Emblem will be in the back.
2. After crossing through the courtyard in the school, on your way to find the keycard in the staff building, you’ll be stuck in a hallway while Hunnigan tries to open the door. After this sequence look in the second office, one of the desk drawers will open and contain a Serpent Emblem.
3. In the subway tunnels, after clearing the first tunnel you’ll head through a door and down some stairs. At the bottom, when you exit you’ll be on a different track with a stopped train to your right, the Serpent Emblem is under the train.
4. Out in the town, shortly after you meet the screamer, there will be a section where one player will have to do an assisted jump across a gap, then push a crate out-of-the-way to unlock a door. Directly after this door you will enter a bar, the Serpent Emblem is on the left wall.
1. In the cemetery, head toward the objective marker until you see a green sign under a light. This emblem will be just behind the green sign, on the back side of a tall pyramid-shaped grave stone.
2. Once you’re inside the Cathedral, head toward the altar, then turn around and look up toward a circular window, the Serpent Emblem will be hanging on the left side of this window.
3. After you descend into the underground lab, when Helena is looking for Deborah, there will be a washroom off to the left of the main corridor, drain the sink to reveal a serpent emblem.
4. After you leave the lab and reach the swampy area, look to the left after the second time you have to duck under an overhang, and you will see the Serpent Emblem.
1. When this chapter starts, walk into the first room and look up and slightly to the left.
2. When you get to the hall with coffins on either side, some can be opened so check on the left for one that has the Serpent Emblem.
3. Once you are deep in the catacombs, the part where Leon says “Welcome to the center of the Earth”, there will be a section where you boost jump Helena over to a pillar that collapses. After she gets back up, and you’re covering her, use the Sniper Rifle’s scope to shoot this Serpent Emblem on the second platform she reaches.
4. After the fight with the giant fish, there will be a Serpent Emblem in a broken barrel on the right side of the next hall.
1.In the airplane, after the first fight, go down the stairs and loop around to your right. The Serpent Emblem will be under a partially closed shutter.
2. Once you get to the back of the plane, check the cabinet that is filled with bottles of liquor for this Serpent Emblem.
3. After entering the market, turn right down an alley after you hear the person scream, then right into a store and the Serpent Emblem will be right in front of you.
4. When searching for the keys, as you head up on the roof and Leon helps Helena jump across a gap, look up and to the right a bit, this emblem will be off in the distance.
1. When you’re running from the gas, some soldiers will direct you into a clothing store, check the shelves for a Serpent Emblem.
2. When you enter the area that is the same as the prelude, with the crashed Humvee and zombie soldier, turn to the left to see this Serpent Emblem.
3. After the helicopter crash, head toward the objective then look to the right and this Serpent Emblem will be behind the desk on a shelf.
4. On your way to the top of the building, right after a cut scene where Leon opens a metal door and yells “Now! Go!”, pause before heading up the stairs, look under them and to the left through a fence and you’ll see this emblem.
1. After you get off the main street, into the building go up the stairs to the top and look for a room with butchered pigs hanging from the ceiling. The Serpent Emblem will be in there.
2. After your first encounter with the mutated J’avo, leave the room and you’ll exit onto a narrow street with some crates for cover, fight your way to the end and go in the door. You’ll see a breakable box and the Serpent Emblem will be behind it.
3. When you get to the rooftops, there will be an emblem atop a green building in the distance. You can hit it from a number of places, but it may be too far away if you only have handgun ammo.
4. After the fight where you are reinforced by more BSAA soldiers you’ll head into a building that houses a market. Fight your way through the first level, then head into the stairwell but continue down past where the objective wants you to go and you’ll find another market level with no enemies. Look for a stall with small pigs hanging in it, you’ll find the Serpent Emblem there.
1. When you’re covering Finn while he sets charges on the train car, head to the left of him, where the enemies are coming from and you’ll see the Serpent Emblem inside a building.
2. This one is easier to get as Piers, but you may be able to get it as Chris later on. The emblem is under the bridge, on the right side, on one of the beams.
3. Once in the mansion, head around to the back of the stairs and you’ll see this Serpent Emblem on the wall.
4. After you meet up with Ada don’t follow her right away, look to the right in a small room and the Serpent Emblem will be above a grate.
1. After the playground, head left instead of right and you’ll see this emblem leaning on a box.
2. After destroying the helicopter, head through the yellow door, go left and through a small room to a room with bunks, the emblem will be on one of the bunks.
3. After leaping from the boat to the balcony during the helicopter chase, look across the street to some construction scaffolding to see this Serpent Emblem.
4. When you’re ambushed by the group of J’avo in vehicles, look above the vehicles in the middle to shoot this Serpent Emblem.
1. Once the chapter starts go to the right side of the hangar and into a helicopter, this emblem will be in the cockpit.
2. When you get outside, use the sniper rifle to shoot this emblem on top of the boat with the spotlight
3. When your partner lowers a ladder for you, go up it but not up the stairs yet. This emblem will be under the stairs and can be shot between the steps.
4. This emblem can only be collected by Piers. After jumping out of the jet during the final part of the chapter, just after destroying the first storage container in your way, look down and to the right and you can see this emblem in the middle of a tire that’s leaning against a wall.
1.After you get control of Jake and Sherry for the first time, head outside, follow the path and turn left, the Serpent Emblem will be above a door. This one is pretty hard to miss.
2. After the section where you are chased by a helicopter, follow the ledge along the mountainside and around the outside of the first building. There will be a pole you can jump onto, look past it to see the Serpent Emblem.
3. You can get this one as Sherry, after escaping the Ustanak the first time, have Jake boost Sherry up and then turn around to find this emblem.
4. After the fight with the Ustanak, head through the tunnel and just as you come outside look directly across and the Serpent Emblem will be on the roof of the building.
1. When you first regain control of the characters, look up to the top of the transmission tower to see this emblem.
2. When looking for the data, near where you find the FOS Memory Device A there will be a construction excavator, look in the driver’s seat to find this Serpent Emblem.
3. When escaping on the snowmobiles, after a series of jumps, you can find this emblem before you enter the cave. Driver over it to collect it.
4. In the small puzzle room with the many sensor bugs, reach the far door, then turn around and look up and to the left to find this Serpent Emblem.
1. When controlling the gun cameras shortly after the start of the chapter, switch to the third one and you’ll see the Serpent Emblem on top of some shelves.
2. Once Jake and Sherry get their regular clothes back, head down the hall, past the staircase on your right, and into the far room. Look on the shelves for an emblem between some documents and boxes.
3. In the mansion, once the tank shows up destroying the statue in the middle it will expose a Serpent Emblem.
4. After exiting the trash chute, find the stairs across the water and loop around behind them to find this Serpent Emblem.
1. As Sherry, when you’re supposed to shoot the fuel truck, look up and to the left first to find this emblem.
2. After defeating the helicopter, move through some alleys and look left as you cross the street. This Serpent Emblem will be on the hood of a car.
3. After Jake jumps out the window, look immediately left and you’ll see this emblem.
4. After Sherry unbars the door for Jake, look to the right of the ladder before heading up.
1. After getting your weapons back, head into the room where the chapter started and look up and left from the desk with the microscope on it.
2. After taking the elevator up head left, away from the objective and you’ll find this emblem in a glass case.
3. In the lava room, head to the rear of the room on the right side and this Serpent Emblem will be on a column.
4. After the lava room, head down the hallway and turn right and hit this emblem with a melee attack.
1. After the alarm, head up a couple of steps and look up and to the right as you go up the steps.
2. After Ada plans her escape go into the next room and check the column for an emblem.
3. When climbing the ladder, while escaping the water, head left and duck under then look left for this Serpent Emblem.
4. After encountering the first bug, run past it, hop through the door and turn around to see this emblem.
1. As soon as the chapter starts, look for the open grave and head around to the back of the grave stone to find this Serpent Emblem.
2. After unlocking the door with the three pieces of the crest, drop down and then turn around and look up.
3. Once in the lab, look to the left and crawl through then continue until you find some breakable boxes, turn right to find this emblem.
4. In the lab, once you drop down into the water, turn immediately around to find this Serpent Emblem.
1. On the left side of the market, look for a stall selling belts and the Serpent Emblem will be above it.
2. Once on the street, look for a burning van and this emblem will be on the left of it.
3. When the bus stops, look in the direction it was heading and a little to the left.
4. After jumping from the train, head down the stairs that are a dead end and the Serpent Emblem will be behind a crate.
1. After grappling up to the higher deck, turn left to find this Serpent Emblem.
2. In the room with the broken lockers, check the last one on the left to find this emblem.
3. Check on the left of the hatch, just before dropping down.
4. After the giant face attacks you, don’t go through the door but go under it and look to the left.
1. As soon as the chapter starts, use the chopper guns to shoot this emblem in the back of a truck.
2. When you stop to fight another chopper, look down and to the right to see another emblem.
3. When covering the second group of civilians, head to the left of the building and look a little lower then the level the civilians are on to find this emblem.
4. After landing the chopper and grappling up, look on the ledge of a building with white tarps hanging from a scaffolding to find the final Serpent Emblem.
If you prefer a video version of this guide, check out the video below from our friend PowerPyx: