The first step in catching up to the PC.
The developers behind the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft, 4J Studios, announced that the next update to the game will take it to the equivalent of version 1.7.3 on PC. No date for when we can expect this update was provided.
According to Loud Mouth Gamers, version 1.7.3 will include the following updates.
- Added pistons.
- Fixed clay generation.
- Flint and Steel or redstone is now required to trigger TNT.
- Fences can be stacked.
- Added Shears.
- Redstone wire now will connect to a repeater.
- Shears can be used to pick up leaf blocks.
- Shears can be used to shear sheep without hurting them.
- Sheep no longer drop wool from being punched, only from being killed when they are unsheared.
- New textures for Cobblestone and Brick blocks.
- Silverfish skin was added (for Beta 1.8).
- When pressing F3 in-game, a value (“F”) from 0 to 3 will appear to indicate direction.
- The gray textures in the breaking animation have been replaced with opacity.
- Squid can now despawn.
- Single slabs now use the bottom half of the full block’s texture.
- Cobweb now requires shears or a sword to be broken properly, and drops 1 string when destroyed.
- The bed side texture has been moved in the texture pack file, as well as the cake texture.
- Option to change multiplayer skin.
Notch, the creator of Minecraft posted the below list of bug fixes that were included in the PC version of 1.7.3, so this should give some indication of what to expect in the Xbox 360 update as well.
Corrected a block duplication bug when using pistons Corrected a redstone torch duplication bug when using pistons Corrected a client crash when placing a sign in front of the piston, powering the piston and then removing the block beneath the sign Ice blocks are now pushed without causing water streams breaking everything Booster rails are no longer being powered magically without a power source Pistons connected to the end of a piston-transistor via redstone are now properly closed when the power goes out Doors no longer create purple particles Hacking clients can no longer edit texts of placed signs in multiplayer Changed so that paintings pushed by pistons will pop off